We’re Austin Asphalt Sealcoating Experts
How Asphalt Sealcoating Helps
Asphalt sealcoating in Austin, when applied on a regular basis, is one of the most important things you can do to maintain your asphalt surfaces and keep them looking like new. Just as is the case with any other exterior part of your home or business – such as roofing, landscaping, exterior paint or siding, etc. – your blacktop pavement requires regular maintenance. And, as we know all too well at Bennett Paving, the barrier created with seal coat is one of the best ways of protecting your asphalt
What Is Asphalt Sealcoating?
Sealcoating is a liquid that is applied over your existing asphalt surface. Extreme weather – including intense summer heat, torrential rains, frost and occasional freezing temperatures – can damage your asphalt pavement
. Sealcoating protects the asphalt from this type of weather damage, as well as wear and tear from traffic.
The Benefits of Sealcoating in Our Austin Climate
- It protects the surface from winter cracking due to freezing/thawing cycles
- It guards against harsh UV rays and the damage that can result from constant sun exposure
- It protects the surface from exposure to water damage, whether from rain or irrigation
- It acts as a barrier against vehicle fluids and other harmful liquids
- It helps to maintain the asphalt surface, which can be worn down from traffic and everyday use
- The initial application and periodic reapplication can prolong the useful life of the surface, protecting your investment
An important part of any asphalt maintenance
program, seal coating can potentially save you a significant amount of money that you might otherwise have to spend in costly asphalt repair.
Asphalt Seal coating for Any Size Surface in Austin
Asphalt sealcoating isn’t just for our large-scale parking lots
or roads throughout Central Texas. In fact, any size asphalt surface – including single-car driveways or even asphalt pathways – can be susceptible to damage from weather and liquids. That’s why regular maintenance is important to keep the asphalt in good condition, no matter what size surface is involved.
The Sealcoating Process
The process involved in asphalt sealcoating includes four steps:
- The contractor will clean the surface thoroughly, removing loose asphalt or other debris.
- Cracks and potholes will be filled prior to application of the sealcoating.
- Two coats of sealcoating will be applied to the surface.
- Surface will be given a dry time of between 8 and 24 hours.
Ask a Local Austin Asphalt Expert
Because sealcoating is particularly effective at protecting your asphalt surfaces
from weather damage, it’s helpful if your contractor understands your local climate. At Bennett Paving, we’re proud to live and work in the Central Texas area. We understand what your climate is like, because it’s the same climate we all share. Our experts can recommend the most appropriate sealcoating schedule to protect your asphalt surfaces from our Central Texas weather conditions.
Asphalt Maintenance Saves You Money
While there’s no doubt that sealcoating can save you a lot of money in the long run – money that you might otherwise have to spend on asphalt repairs – that doesn’t mean much if you have to spend a fortune for sealcoating in the first place. At Bennett Paving, we understand how important it is to stay within your budget. After all, we all have budgets that we have to live with, and we promise you to do all we can to keep our prices fair and reasonable.
Call us today for a free estimate!